I kind of have this love affair with sweet potatoes. Really I love all potatoes and baked is my favourite way to prepare and eat. There is something extra-special about the sweet potato though. The colour that adds more vitamins and minerals to your diet + the way it can dress-up a plate are also big bonuses. I also love that it’s a bit sweet, but you can eat it more savoury or amp up the sweetness and take it to the next level.
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 2TBS butter (or dairy free alternative)
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- crushed pecans (to desired amount)
- drizzle of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Wrapped in foil and pierced with a fork, place potatoes in oven & cook for 45 to 75 minutes (the bigger the potato, the longer it needs to cook)
- When cooked, slide potatoes in half length-wise and carefully scoop out soft potato, leaving the skin in tact and place into a bowl.
- Mix butter and garlic salt into the bowl of potatoes until well mixed and spoon back into the potato skins.
- Top each half with pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Place back in the oven for 5-8 minutes until heated through.
We paired our sweet potato with grilled chicken breast, corn on the cob and french-style green beans. The entire meal is naturally gluten free and modified slightly to be dairy free as well (only using vegan margarine). The meal took 45 minutes to make — start to finish
Enjoy!Share This Post: Tweet