Late last week, Bean and I were struck down with a cold that left little appetite in either of us. The best thing when your sick seems to be allowing yourself to get a lot of rest, drink water and of course, feed yourself with warm, harty soup.
We’re both big fans of Pho soup — Bean loves to use chopsticks to eat the rice noodles and the dish is just amazing. I really wanted some Pho, but couldn’t get out the nearest Pho restaurant so I settled to making the next best thing — homemade Thai-inspired vegetable soup. I had all the ingredients on hand and was thrilled with how easy, yet delicious it was. We both ate it up and this recipe will for sure be making it into our food rotation.
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup carrots; chopped
- 1 cup bok choy; chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- ½ package vermicelli rice noodles
- salt & pepper to taste
- sriracha to taste
- In a large pot, add vegetable stock, carrots, green onion, garlic & salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes then add the bok choy and rice noodles.
- Continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until rice noodles are soft and cooked.
- Serve in bowl and top with sriracha hot sauce
Enjoy!Share This Post: Tweet