Sweet and Sour Chicken on Brown Rice
Another family dinner favourite is Sweet and Sour Chicken. When I was growing up this recipe was known as “6 Star Chicken” because everyone in my family of 6 loved it. Now that I have a family of 5 of my own – it’s “5 Star Chicken on Rice”.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green sweet pepper
- 1 red sweet pepper (or orange, yellow)
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 jar sweet and sour sauce (or make your own)
- 1 can cubed pineapple (or fresh cut)
- Olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Cook brown rice to directions on pkg
- Boil chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Cut into cubes
- Heat olive oil in pan until warm and add chopped onion, peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken and pepper.
- Add sauce and pineapple cubes; stir until well blended. Let cook for 5-7 minutes until sauce is heated
- Serve on top of brown rice.
In this recipe I used green sweet pepper, orange sweet pepper and red sweet pepper. All three of the kids enjoy peppers so I try to pack this dish full of them. The colour of the meal is so pretty! Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below
Top Mommy Blogs – Mom Blog Directory
Be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow my blog and get updates to your dashboard
Share This Post:
Be Sure To Stay Connected!