Becoming a parent is one of the most exciting times in life. A life change that rocks your world in the most amazing way. It’s certainly not easy and there will be challenges, but as I am sure I don’t need to tell you — it is totally worth every moment. We all hear about those awesome moments that happen the moment your child is in your arms.
There are some things about new parenting that you might not read in a parenting book — you know, the sh*t people wont tell you before you have your child. I break the silence for you and let the ‘cat out of the bag’ on some insider parenting info:
1. You will have to wipe your kids butt even when they are out of diapers
2. There is a time in the toddler years where you child will not think twice about playing in their poop.
3. A quiet child usually means a disaster is being made — go look. NOW!
4. You can act honestly drunk from lack of sleep. You will feel really drunk too.
5. Everyone will have an opinion on everything you do — everything. Ignore most of them.
6. Right after giving birth — your stomach will feel like goo. Brace yourself. I was not prepared.
7. Kids don’t shut the door when they do learn to use the toilet — get used to it.
8. You will never poop alone — you won’t get used to that.
9. Catching vomit mid-air will not faze you and you will eventually do that.
10. Showering can feel like winning the gold at the Olympics some days — celebrate it.
11. You will leave the house (once or twice) without knowing you have sh*t on you somewhere people can see — no one will tell you.
12. Cold coffee will become the new norm — make sure you have a microwave.
13. People will buy your kids glitter and noisy toys just to see you squirm – get back at them when their time comes.
14. You might not automatically fall in love with your child. Doesn’t happen for everyone & that is okay. Takes time to get to know each other.
15. When your kids are away from you — the lack of noise will feel deafening — awesome but deafening.
:: What would you add to the list for parents-to-be? ::
|check out today’s post on Kid Scoop Blog:12 Questions Every Parent Dreads Being Asked|