I love crunch and I love salt and seasoning when it comes to my snacks. I am a big potato or corn chip fan, but wanting to cut down on the carbohydrates and the unhealthy snacks, I’ve been on the hunt for something better for me. I don’t want to compromise on the texture though and want to feel like I’m snacking without feeling like it’s a substitution for something that would otherwise be better.
That’s where this wonderful and amazing new snack obsession comes in. Chickpeas are a lot healthier than chips and since they’re high in fiber, they keep you full longer and who doesn’t need more fiber in their diet? It’s simple to make with easy-to-find ingredients and once you try it, you will be hooked too!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Spray olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- sea salt; to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- After you’ve drained and rinsed the chickpeas, you want to make sure they’re good and dry and ready for roasting. Place them on a paper towel, cover with another one and lightly roll the chickpeas to remove the moisture
- Remove the skins that have come off, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet making sure it’s a single layer (you don’t want overlapping).
- Give a light spray of olive oil (you don’t want it too oiled or it won’t roast well) and sprinkle the seasonings on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes; remove and stir and shuffle around the chickpeas and place in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool and eat to your heart’s desire!
This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian and vegan.
Enjoy!Share This Post: Tweet