With my oldest starting kindergarten this coming September I have made it my focus right now to teach the alphabet (in English before he goes to a French Immersion program). With him I have found that he learns the best when he is saturated with one thing at once – only focusing on one main subject. He learned his colors and numbers quite quickly that way.
That’s when I found the Leap Frog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet Set. My kids are ALWAYS in the kitchen – making it difficult to maneuver around when I am cooking – so this will be working for me in 2 ways with one toy – keeping them entertained while I cook and helping with the alphabet!
- Help reading skills rise and shine with this magnetic letter set! Introduces children to letter names and sounds
- Features big, bright letters that are easy for little fingers to grasp to help develop fine motor skills.
- Sing along to the Alphabet Song.
- Playful phonics songs help children remember the sound each letter makes.
- Includes magnetic letter reader, 26 magnetic letters, and 3 AAA batteries
- Has separate pieces for each letter
- Goes over the different sounds that each letter can make
- Pieces are big enough for my kids to grip, but small enough to not take over the fridge
- Catchy songs (and not in an annoying way!)
- If it was bilingual (like some other Leap Frog Products)
- If it had a bigger volume control range (the quiet is still loud)
- If it came with a case or box to keep letters together if you don’t want them all on the fridge at once
For anyone trying to teach the alphabet and want to make it as pain-free and fun as possible – this is a GREAT addition to the learning arsenal!
What is your experience with this toy or other Leap Frog products?