- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 2 medium sized eggplants; trimmed and cut
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 3 cups Kinnikinnick Panko Style Bread Crumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese; finely grated
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine salt, flour and pepper in a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl. Create an assembly line; starting with the eggplant slices, then flour, eggs, breadcrumbs and set on waxed paper
- Dredge the eggplant slices in the flour, shake off excess, then dip in eggs, then dredge in breadcrumbs until they are evenly coated and set on wax paper.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1/2 inch of oil over medium heat. Carefully add 3 or 4 eggplant slices and cook until they are golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side)
- Remove from oil , drain on paper towels and season with salt. Repeat with remaining eggplant.
- In a baking dish add a scoop of marinara sauce and evenly spread out. Line 8 eggplant slices and top with more marinara, then mozzarella and Parmesan. Repeat each layer until all ingredients have been used.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
|Eggplant coated in Kinnikinnick Panko Style Bread Crumbs|
|Topping with Parmesan and mozzarella and more eggplant|
|Layering Eggplant and marinara sauce|