I have always been a big fan of broccoli — it was one of the staple side-dishes when I was growing up and we enjoyed it cooked in many ways. It’s one of those vegetables that we have often in the house as well since it doesn’t really get boring. You can boil it, cover it with cheese, eat it raw or add it to a huge variety of dishes.
I have found the PERFECT way to cook it that trumps all the other amazing variations. Seriously, it’s so good you won’t want to make it any other way — also, so easy and quick!
- 1 pound of broccoli, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons crispy bacon bits
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a bowl, mix the pre-cut broccoli, olive oil, garlic salt, bacon and pepper until well covered.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and place into preheated oven
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until desired texture
This recipe can also be used for cauliflower or if you wanted to mix the two together. I have also switched out the bacon for almost slices and it’s another amazing variation of this crazy-easy side dish.
Enjoy!Share This Post: Tweet