Gluten Free Orange Beef with Fried Rice
This week I thought I would try something new and cook up some Chinese food for the family. Nearly impossible to find gluten free Chinese food near where I live so it’s something I do miss eating.
- 1lb beef sirloin (thinly sliced cut into strips)
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs + 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- zest from 2 oranges
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs white wine
- 1 Tbs hoisin (gluten free or homemade)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- In a bowl, toss the meat with 2 Tbs soy sauce, 1 Tbs corn starch and the pepper. Marinate the meat at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Combine orange zest, garlic and finger in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl combine 1Tbs soy sauce, 1 tsp corn starch with the orange juice, sugar, wine, hoisin and sesame oil.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or pot. Add handful of beef into the oil one piece at a time. Cook for 2 minutes or until crispy and brown. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining beef. Discard oil.
- Add the zest, garlic mixture to wok and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the orange juice mixture alone with the fried beef. Stir until sauce thickens (about 3 minutes).
|Beef marinating in soy sauce
|Zest of orange, garlic and ginger
|Marinate for orange beef
Share This Post:
for the recipe for fried rice. What is your favourite Chinese food dish? I miss egg rolls!!
Be Sure To Stay Connected!