Eating gluten and/or casein free has been a blessing to me. I have been gluten free now for 3.5 years and although it seemed like the worst thing when I was first diagnosed and had to rethink everything I ate, I felt so much better. Casein free was a different story. Eating casein free came about because I was nursing my daughter – and turns out she had a casein intolerance so I gave it up.
My 8 Favourite Gluten & Casein Free Products:
8.Becel Vegan Margarine: Nothing makes me smile more then a large company looking after a niche food market. This margarine is labeled both gluten and dairy free and a huge bonus it is completely vegan.
7. Earth’s Own Almond Fresh: I love this product! I use it in any recipe or any situation that calls for milk and it blends in perfectly. My kids use this every morning for their cereal.
6. Enviro Kids Leaping Lemurs Cereal: This chocolate and peanut butter cereal is a favourite of my kids and mine. You absolutely forget you are eating gluten and casein free cereal – every bite is great! Nature’s Path also has other lines of cereal and all of the gluten free ones are great!
5. Riceworks Salsa Fresca: These gourmet brown rice crisps are so good and my favourite gluten & casein free flavor is Salsa Fresca. These chips are great to eat on their own or use in a recipe.
4. Kinnikinnick Personal Size Pizza Crust: It really is no secret how much I love these pizza crusts. At my house we have them every Friday for lunch. Adding your own gluten & casein free topping and you have a great pizza!
3. Glutino Pretzels: As you know I am a HUGE texture eater. If the product doesn’t have a good texture I won’t eat it. These pretzels are incredible! The texture is the same as regular pretzels and these are gluten and casein free!
2. Rizopia Rice Noodles: I have tried almost all of the different noodles from Rizopia and I am so in love! These noodles are made completely of rice and you would not know the difference! They cook up the same, they taste the same and they are amazing!
1. KinniToos from Kinnikinnick: When I went gluten free one of the foods that I was mourning the most was the loss of Oreos. Then Kinnikinnick came out with their KinniToo’s cookie line and I literally had a celebration. The chocolate vanilla sandwich cookies taste EXACTLY like oreos – exactly! 2 years later when I had to go casein free too I seriously cried in the store when I realized these cookies were casein free too!!!! The other varieties in the line are vanilla sandwich cookies and chocolate sandwich cookies and both of those are amazing as well.
Now it is your chance to win some of these great products with the Gluten and Casein Free Basket Giveaway!
What you will win:
$20 gift certificate from Kinnikinnick
2 coupons redeemable for 2 bags of Riceworks gourmet rice crisps
1 snack pack Glutino Pretzels
1 bag Rizopia brown rice pasta
$5 coupon redeemable for Nature’s Path products
This giveaway is open to residents of Canada and the US. It begins on July 16, 2010 and will end on July 23, 2010 at 9 pm. 1 winner with valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. The winners will be announced and notified via email and must reply within 48 hours to claim. Otherwise, another eligible entry will be chosen. The more extra entries you do the better your chances. Good Luck!
We Have A Winner !
Entry # 27 : Amber! Congrats I will send you an email & be sure to reply within 48 hours! Congratulations ♥
Would Love to Hear From You! Please Leave a Comment Below