Christmas was a lot of fun around here. I’d say it was one of the best yet since the kids are old enough now to make lists, get excited and they know what’s going on.
One thing my girls asked for this Christmas was some building blocks with characters they could get into (like Speed has with Star Wars sets). Our kids have a huge love for the building sets, but the girls have always kind of felt left out with finding characters they know and building sets that they enjoy. They do still play with Speed’s sets, but it was just not ever the same.
We tried a different brand that offered a set that had female characters my girls could relate to, but for them it just wasn’t the same because these characters were new and there was no real story behind them like there is for the more male-centered sets (like Indiana Jones, Star Wars etc). It’s not that the girls can’t play with them, they just really wanted characters they could relate to — that they already knew.
Then, in came the Mega Bloks® Barbie™ line just in time for Christmas and I had a feeling this is just what my girls were looking for.
The girls got three sets for Christmas this year from the Mega Bloks® Barbie™ line and we also picked up some extra characters to go in their stocking (Speed has so many block-characters we wanted the girls to have ones they just love too) and they spent the day putting the sets together with their dad. Below are the three sets the girls got this Christmas:
What I Loved:
- The product didn’t feel cheap — it’s made with well-crafted plastic
- The instructions were totally easy to follow and the girls were able to snap the pieces together
- May seem small, but the perforated bags inside made opening the product so.much.easier
- There were a lot of pieces in each set and they all can be worked together
- Each of the stand-alone figures came with a small scene to go with them
What Could Be Improved:
- I would love to see more variety as the brand expands into some more non-typical girl situations, but still within the Barbie™ brand
- In the Build ‘n Style Fashion Boutique set the package included 2 left arms instead of left & right. It still fit, but the elbow went out instead of in
The girls were thrilled to have a building block set that they could relate to with a character they already love. My son also really loved to play with the scenes and was happy to see some girl characters. I am sure in the future we will be adding more sets into the house. It’s a great line for anyone who has a child who wants something more than the violent sets offered by other companies.
Disclaimer: I was sent the following products (Build ‘n Style Luxury Mansion, Build ‘n Style Fashion Boutique & Build ‘n Style Ice Cream Cart) free of charge in exchange for a review. We also purchased, on our own, the stand-alone figures. All words and opinion are my own based on our experience.
For more info, read my policies & disclaimers.Share This Post: Tweet