Tasty Gluten Free Chili – perfect for those cold weekends !
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbs dried oregano
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbs gluten free hot sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Stir in the onion, and season with cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the green bell peppers and garlic.
Add the cans of tomato sauce, peeled and diced tomato and kidney beans. Add the hot sauce and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
For added enjoyment (if you are not eating casein free as well) top chili with shredded cheddar cheese, a scoop of sour cream and some crushed tortilla chips.
Approved by my happy 1 year old! Happy Gluten Free Eating!Share This Post: Tweet