Slow Cooker Gluten Free Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can cubed pineapples & juice
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 red pepper; chopped
- 1 green pepper; chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, salt & pepper, bread crumbs and egg; mix until well combined
- Roll into meatballs about 1 - 1.5 inches in size and place at the bottom of a large slow cooker
- In a separate bowl mix together pineapple cubes (including the juices), onion, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar. Mix until well combined and pour on top of the formed meatballs in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- When four hours are done place in the red and green pepper and the corn starch dissolved in water. Cook on HIGH for an additional 1 hour.
- Serve on top of brown rice.
Enjoy!Share This Post: Tweet