Tomorrow we are hosting a birthday party for my daughter who turned 3 yesterday – so today I am spending the day making some gluten free pizza bites for her guests.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare baking sheets covering with parchment paper and spray oil.
- Combine the oil and sugar in a bowl – add the egg whites and beat until very frothy.
- Add the remaining ingredients – mix well. The dough will seem quite thin at first but keep beating until thickened. let sit for 10 minutes.
- Grab approx 1/4c (just use your hand though) of dough and place on prepared baking sheet. With wet fingertips, press the dough to approx 1/4-inch circle (like a mini pizza crust).
- Add sauce and mozzarella cheese (and other toppings you want – but keep in mind they wont hold that much)
- Carefully fold each one in half – sealing the ends
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
These cook up nice and fluffy and taste great. You can use the same recipe for regular pizza crust by pressing the dough onto a pizza pan. To freeze: bake up the crust with no topping and freeze – let defrost – add toppings and cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Try this out and you will not be disappointed. Let me know what you think of it!
Share This Post: Tweet