Well, I decided to be ambitious this week and make some homemade gluten free lasagna. I know it does not require a master of cooking to make, so I decided to give it a go.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 1/4tsp dried oregano
- chopped spinach – steamed
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- Gluten Free Lasagna noodles
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown. Add 2/3can of the tomato sauce, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover sauce with 3 noodles. Cover noodles with one-third of remaining sauce. Top with half the mozzarella. Place another layer of noodles and one of sauce over the mozzarella; top that with the cottage cheese and steamed spinach. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce.Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
When I made this – I just doubled the recipe and made a second lasagna for the freezer. After putting it together I let it cool and wrapped it up (unbaked) and put in the freezer for next time. I am SO glad I made this – wasn’t difficult and tasted SO GOOD! I used the Rizopia brand rice noodles and they worked SO well!