Gluten Free Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 bag gluten free macaroni noodles
- 2 1/2 cups milk (or almond milk)
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 water
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs or crushed rice cakes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to directions on package
- In a small bowl dissolve cornstarch in water and set aside
- In a sauce pan over medium heat combine milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper until a slight boil. Add cornstarch and water mixture heat until thickened
- Add in in 2 cups of shredded cheese and stir until blended and melted. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together the cheese sauce and cooked noodles and place in an oven-safe dish
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar on top of noodles then add bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until top is bubbly and crispy.
Share This Post: Tweet