Gluten & Casein Free: Salsa Fresca Fajita Salad w/ Rice Works
Share This Post:
If you have never tried Riceworks gourmet brown rice crisps
you need to go run and get yourself a bad, or three. They really are that good. They come in 6 different varieties and I have tried 4 of them and all of them blew me away.
My favourite of them is definitely the Baked Cinnamon
. They are NOT dairy (casein) free so I don’t eat them too often. All flavors are gluten free and baked with whole grain brown rice. They can be enjoyed on their own, used for dipping or added to a recipe.
The Sea Salt Riceworks crisps
are perfect for dipping. As a person with celiac disease I cant eat pita bread and this product is the perfect substitute for dipping into Hummus. As you know I have just recently been making and eating hummus (see recipe here
) and the sea salt crisps were perfect!
Riceworks sent me some recipes of theirs to try out and I was very intrigued by their Salsa Fresca Fajita Salad.
keep reading for recipe
- 1 chicken breast; cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1/2 red pepper; sliced
- 1/2 green pepper; sliced
- 1/4 red onion
- Salsa Fresca riceworks
- mix lime juice, cumin, red pepper (spice) and salt
- pour over chicken and refrigerate fro 20 minutes to 1 hour
- fill a bowl with salad greens, and vegetables
- using olive oil grill marinated chicken until cooked through
- Plate salad; crumble with riceworks salsa fresca
* optional: grated cheese and sour cream for garnish (if you’re not dairy/casein free)
This salad was a great variation of the taco salad which I love so much. The chicken was incredible – the marinated had a wonderful flavor and I will definitely be making this again!
Feel Free To Browse Through More Gluten Free Recipes
Be Sure To Stay Connected!