|Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cheesecake Recipe |
Cuisine: Gluten-free; Dairy-free
Author: Devan McGuinness
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 2 hours 50 mins
Yes, you can still enjoy a cheesecake on a gluten and dairy free diet and it's delicious and easy!
- 2.5 cups of Gluten-free graham-style crumbs (via Kinnikinnick Foods)
- 1/4 cup softened vegan butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container of dairy-free (soy) cream cheese
- Pie filling of choice (I used blueberry)
- Combine graham-style crumbs, melted vegan butter and sugar until well-mixed.
- Press into a pie pan and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Add beaten eggs, sugar, and soy cream cheese into a large mixing bowl
- Using an electric mixer, beat the filling ingredients for at least 5 minutes until well-blended and creamy. It really does take about 5 minutes, so don't skimp.
- Pour filling into chilled crust and bake in pre-heated 300 degrees oven for about 50 minutes, keeping your eye on it after 40 minutes until it's no longer giggly.
- Pour some of the gluten-free fruit pie filling onto the top; chill for an hour and serve.
Recipe by Accustomed Chaos at http://accustomedchaos.com/gluten-free-dairy-free-cheesecake-recipe/