|Snack Obsession: Oven-Roasted Chickpeas |
Cuisine: gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free
Author: Devan McGuinness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Spray olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- sea salt; to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- After you've drained and rinsed the chickpeas, you want to make sure they're good and dry and ready for roasting. Place them on a paper towel, cover with another one and lightly roll the chickpeas to remove the moisture
- Remove the skins that have come off, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet making sure it's a single layer (you don't want overlapping).
- Give a light spray of olive oil (you don't want it too oiled or it won't roast well) and sprinkle the seasonings on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes; remove and stir and shuffle around the chickpeas and place in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool and eat to your heart's desire!
Try different seasoning combinations! You can use cinnamon and nutmeg and have a sweeter treat. Try just plain black pepper and sea salt if you don't like strong flavors. Mix it up a bit and play with the amounts of seasoning until you get your favourite.
Recipe by Accustomed Chaos at http://accustomedchaos.com/snack-obsession-oven-roasted-chickpeas/